St James Notice Board
Please refer to Terms & Conditions at the foot of the page
Love Local Food - Mobile Shop
Once not so long ago people say that shops on wheels were part of our lives. A hoot of the horn or a ring of the bell and you knew to come out to buy your vegetables or fruit or fish. Maybe even have a chat to a neighbour. Well that's what people say. More recently and it is likely that it is solitary chimes of the ice cream van that you will hear and the sight of supermarket livered delivery trucks dashing up and down the road full of freshly clicked food miles. If you do meet a true mobile shop then do take a moment to pass the time of day as, speaking from daily experience, tending a mobile shop can be a mixed experience. Regular customers make the day. Always there at the right time, picking up a conversation from last week, sharing a bit news of what the current state of veg garden is like and buying what they usually buy. Passers by though can take a long while to get used to the idea of a real shop on wheels where people actually talk to you. If our communities can rediscover this lost way of shopping then our world becomes healthier in whole range of ways.
To experience your local shop on wheels then why not visit the Love Local Food mobile shop which stops at Prospect Park on Tuesdays from 1:45 – 2:15, Union Road on Saturdays 2:15 - 2:45 and Thornton Hill on Saturday 3:00 – 3:30pm.
Seasonal vegetables and all kinds of groceries. Interested but the wrong time? Visit www.lovelocalfood.org.uk or phone 01392 824142 Look forward to seeing you!
OUR NOTICE BOARD: TERMS & CONDITIONS
Following a number of requests to reach our membership, we have decided to add a Community Noticeboard to the website where non-commercial groups and organisations based in St James may publicise information about their events, projects or services within our community, at no cost.
You will appreciate that we are unable to prepare advertisements on your behalf, but we will work with simple wording, or an image with text, that you care to provide, subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Please keep any text element to a maximum of 150 words;
- For event publicity please provide a minimum of two weeks notice;
- Text or image and text file should be sent to email@example.com;
- The maximum period for an insertion is 6 months, after which time please review and apply to reinsert if the notice remains relevant;
- We reserve the right to reject a request in the event that the content is incompatible with the vision and purpose of Exeter St James Forum. The Forum was set up to prepare a neighbourhood plan for St James. As presently constituted, although community issues are relevant to the neighbourhood plan, ESJF does not represent St James on cultural, social or general community matters.
We will not automatically email our membership about these community events and services, but we will draw attention to the Noticeboard in our own mailings, and may select, at our discretion, specific events to mention in these emails
This invitation is strictly reserved for non-commercial organisations
Please get in touch via our CONTACT PAGE
CLICK ON THE IMAGES TO VISIT WEBSITES (if available)
WATCH THIS SPACE...
To advertise your business here and support the high profile Queen’s Crescent Garden Project please get in touch CLICK. Just £50 a year! Includes a link to your website and insertion in "About St James" the joint Trust/Forum newsletter delivered twice a year to every household in St James.